Model No. :
Key Specifications/Special Features:
Highly reliable accuracy by the most sophisticated sensor
CA20FS adopts a highly-selective smart Fuel cell sensor
(reactive to alcohol substance) designed by KAIST (Korea Advanced
Institute of Science and Technology)
Size: 125 x 56 x 24mm
Sensor: Smart Fuel Cell sensor
Accuracy: +,- 0.005% at 0.050 BAC%
Detection Range: 0.00~0.40 BAC%, 0.00 ~ 2.00mg/l BrAC, 0.00 ~ 4.00‰
Response time: 3~22 seconds
Warm-up time: 15~35 seconds
Weight: 87g (131g including Battery)
Sensor: Highly Selective Semi-conductor Oxide Sensor
Battery life: about 200 tests
Battery: 9V Alkaline Battery
Calibration: BAC simulator (model 34C/Guth laboratory, USA)
Working Temperature : +5°C ~ +40°C
Storage Temperature : 0°C ~ +40°C
1. After drinking, smoking and eating, it is recommended to test
after 20 min.
- It is because it takes 20 min. approximately for alcohol to be
absorbed into blood from the
digestive organs, and residual alcohol remaining in the mouth takes
this long to dissipate.
2. Avoid testing under strong wind or in the closed room with contaminated
3. When the “BAT” signal is on the display, it is advisable
to replace 9V alkaline battery.
4. Do not blow cigarette smoke, food or liquid into the instrument
because this may damage
5. Do not use this unit as a tool to determine whether you or anyone
else should operate any
motor vehicle or machinery.
6. Keep it under 0 – 40 °C (32 – 104 °F). And
this device is designed to be used in a temperature
range of 5 – 40 °C (41 – 104 °F). Keep and use
the unit within the recommended
7. Correlation between breath alcohol content and blood alcohol
concentration depends on many
variables, including environmental factors (such as air quality,
wind, humidity, temperature,
etc.) and health conditions of the test subject.
8. In normal use, CA20FL requires re-calibration every 6 months
or after 500 tests to obtain
accurate results. Discuss with local distributors for re-calibration.
9. You cannot use the results of this unit in court of law. The
driver holds full responsibility for
driving under the influence of alcohol.
10. Do not use this device in conjunction with an ignition interlock
device or while sitting in a
motor vehicle .
11. An individual’s testing result can continue to increase
or decrease over time, depending on
many factors. Obtaining a testing result reading at one time does
not mean the testing result
reading will be the same even a few minutes later.
12. Do not let yourself or anyone else drink and drive. Always
use a designated driver when you
or anyone else drinks alcohol.