1. Allow at least 20 minutes after eating or drinking before testing.
Any type of alcohol remaining in the mouth of saliva may interfere with proper testing and
requires about 20 minutes to disperse. This includes alcohol-based mouthwash or similar
2. Avoid testing under strong wind or in the closed room with contaminated air.
3. When the “ BAT ” signal is on the display, it is advisable to replace 1.5V Alkaline Batteries.
4. Do not blow cigarette smoke, food or liquid into the instrument because this may damage
5. Do not use this unit as a tool to determine whether you or anyone else should operate any
motor vehicle or machinery.
6. Keep it under 0 – 40 °C (32 – 104 °F). And this device is designed to be used in a temperature
range of 5 – 40 °C (41 – 104 °F). Keep and use the unit within the recommended
7. Correlation between breath alcohol content and blood alcohol concentration depends on many
variables, including environmental factors (such as air quality, wind, humidity, temperature,
etc.) and health conditions of the test subject.
8. In normal use, CA05FS requires re-calibration every 6 months or after 500 tests to obtain
accurate results. Discuss with local distributors for re-calibration.
9. You cannot use the results of this unit in court of law. The driver holds full responsibility for
driving under the influence of alcohol.
10. Do not use this device in conjunction with an ignition interlock device or while sitting in a
motor vehicle .
11. An individual's testing result can continue to increase or decrease over time, depending on
many factors. Obtaining a testing result reading at one time does not mean the testing result
reading will be the same even a few minutes later.
12. Do not let yourself or anyone else drink and drive. Always use a designated driver when you
or anyone else drinks alcohol.